How do you join WebEx online classroom meetings?
Attendees don’t need to have an account with WebEx to join real-time class meetings. You might receive an invitation email one day before the scheduled class time. The invitation email will include all instructions needed to join the meeting.
During the synchronous meetings, your professor might
- Share desktop, application, web browser, web content, white board, etc.
- Interact with attendees in real-time
- Use Chat panel and audio to communicate with attendees
- Use Polling and Q&A for questions and questions answering
- Assign an attendee as a presenter
- Record the lecture
- Set up breakout sessions for small group activities (File: How to join a breakout session)
Audio Capabilities and Webcam
Please prepare a headset in order to avoid echoes and audio feedback during online class meetings. We also highly recommend you use a built-in webcam or prepare an external webcam on your computer. In addition, please make sure that you test your browser before attending your first WebEx meeting.
WebEx Technical Requirements
- Testing your browser before attending a WebEx meeting: Up-to-dated web browser: IE, Safari, FireFox, and Google Chrome
- Go to Firefox menu
- Choose Preferences
- Click on the Content
- Go to View and Click Reload to refresh the Firefox browser
- Go to Tools
- Select Options
- Select the Content section
- Click OK
- Reload the Firefox Browser