Fall 2019 Applications Open October 1st
Secure your future with a MS in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity!
In today’s digital world, protecting information is of the highest priority for consumers, business leaders and government officials. Fewer than 10 percent of the estimated 30,000 skilled security talent needed is currently available in the workforce.
Students in our Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity program gain hands-on experience in design, development, testing, and deployment of secure systems, as well as a solid understanding of organizational risk management and records integrity. Further distinguishing the SJSU cybersecurity program, is a strong operational understanding of how human factors influence the security of information systems.
If you are interested into pursuing a Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity degree, or you’d like to jumpstart your career with a cybersecurity certificate, and you have a background in engineering or a closely related field, complete our prequalification form to get started.
After completing a prequalification form, check out SJSU's graduate admission requirements.
> Check Out the Demand for Cybersecurity <
Outstanding Faculty: Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of practical knowledge and experience in engineering and software development.
Location, Location, Location: All courses are offered in Silicon Valley near high-tech employers and easily accessible from anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. No need to commute to the SJSU campus!
Convenience: designed for working professionals who want to earn advanced degrees through accelerated programs.
Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers an outstanding educational value, and many local employers will pay partial or full tuition for employees who enroll in graduate degree programs.
Certificate options: The Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity degree is broken into 3 stackable certificate phases. Each certificate can be completed independent of the degree or combined for the complete MS degree.
The Master of Science in Software Engineering, Specialization in Cybersecurity degree is designed for working professionals and motivated students.
Courses are offered at convenient locations in Silicon Valley, with a hybrid delivery component.
Each course is eight weeks long, meeting one night a week and two Saturday sessions per class.
Classes are delivered year-round in spring, summer and fall.
There are 10 courses, for a total of 30 graduate-level units that fulfill the requirements for earning a Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity degree. In addition, a student must also satisfy Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement. (http://www.sjsu.edu/gup/gradstudies/policy/gwar/index.html).
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
For students graduating with MS Software Engineering degrees:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of software engineering, from vision to analysis, design, validation and deployment.
- Be able to tackle complex engineering problems and tasks, using contemporary engineering principles, methodologies and tools.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and the ability to participate in teamwork in an environment with different disciplines of engineering, science and business.
- Be aware of ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate.
- Be able to advance successfully in the engineering profession, and sustain a process of lifelong learning in engineering or other professional areas.
- Be able to communicate effectively, in both oral and written forms.