Take your career sky-high with Cloud and Mobile Computing!
The number of smartphone users worldwide is estimated to surpass 6 billion in 2020. Cloud and mobile computing promises the speed, agility, and innovation to meet consumer demand. Surveys show that the vast majority of companies use the cloud in some capacity and plan to increase mobility spending in the next 12 months. Market explosion in cloud and mobile computing has created a massive demand in Silicon Valley for professionals equipped with advanced expertise. Recruiters report that there are about a 100 jobs for each qualified candidate and that disparity is expected to grow.
Gain the advanced degree requirements you need to upgrade your salary, earn a promotion or bring your resume to the attention of hiring managers and recruiters by earning your Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cloud and Mobile Computing degree. If you have a background in software engineering or a closely related field, complete our prequalification form to get started today!
After completing a prequalification form, check out SJSU's graduate admission requirements.
Outstanding Faculty: Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of practical knowledge and experience in engineering and software development.
Location, Location, Location: All courses are offered in Silicon Valley near high-tech employers and easily accessible from anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can complete your degree while holding an internship and/or continuing your career!
Convenience: designed for working professionals and motivated students who want to earn advanced degrees through accelerated programs.
- Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers an outstanding educational value, and many local businesses will pay partial or full tuition for employees who enroll in graduate degree programs.
The Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cloud and Mobile Computing program is designed for working professionals and motivated students.
Courses are offered at locations in Silicon Valley.
Each course meets one night a week. Dependent on cohort path, courses may also meet on a few Saturdays.
- There are 10 courses, for a total of 30 graduate-level units that fulfill the requirements for earning a Master of Science in Software Engineering degree. In addition, a student must also satisfy Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (http://www.sjsu.edu/gup/gradstudies/policy/gwar/index.html).
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
For students graduating with MS Software Engineering degrees:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of software engineering, from vision to analysis, design, validation and deployment.
- Be able to tackle complex engineering problems and tasks, using contemporary engineering principles, methodologies and tools.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and the ability to participate in teamwork in an environment with different disciplines of engineering, science and business.
- Be aware of ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate.
- Be able to advance successfully in the engineering profession, and sustain a process of lifelong learning in engineering or other professional areas.
- Be able to communicate effectively, in both oral and written forms.